SYEP Summer Bridge 2020 Program Facilitator Position
Organization Overview: RDRC has administered Youth Development services including the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) for over 20+ years, servicing over 1500 youth and families
annually through the generous support of the NYC Department of Youth and Community
Development. RDRC has provided and continues to provide employment training, and
opportunities to community residents. In response to the COVID-19, Social Distancing
guidelines, RDRC in conjunction with DYCD will administer the 2020 SYEP Summer Bridge
Program. This is a 100% virtual program affording participants to learn new skills and gain
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Director, EECDS, and Program Coordinators, RDRC seeks to provide program participants with 60 hours of digital instruction to youth 14-15-year-old and
90 hours of virtual instruction to youth 16-21 in the summer months of July and August. The workshop Facilitators will be able to:
• Engage youth in self- guided and facilitated sessions via curriculum provided by Hats &
Ladders, Youth Development Institute and dbGrant Associates in a Workplace
• Assist in the guidance through completion of a Project Based Learning Project.
• Monitor training hours.
• Submit reports weekly.
• Process and record training hours for stipend processing.
• Establishes a culture of learning to engage students in rigorous standards-based
curricula to ensure students master the state standards and are prepared to enter middle
• Encourage youth voice & choice and networking in peer relationships.
• Creates a virtual classroom environment of respect and rapport to ensure a safe, caring,
and orderly environment which nurtures the unique needs of each student.
• Participates in collaborative curriculum and professional development, professional
learning communities, grade-level activities, and school wide functions.
• Seeks to actively know students’ strengths and challenge areas and communicates
effectively with parents.
For more detailed information, how to apply, contact Renee McWilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 929.354.7225 or LaVerne Jeffrey at email@example.com, or call RDRC office, 718.327.5300, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.