The Rockaways Grant Awardees
- Clicqers Beauty Salon: 91-21 Rockaway Beach Boulevard, Rockaway Beach
- DAC Unisex Beauty Salon: 18-17 Mott Avenue, Far Rockaway
- Immanuel Child Care #2:29-19 Brookhaven Avenue, Far Rockaway (https://immanuel-child-care.business.site/)
- Platinum Plus Unisex Haircare: 19-16 Mott Avenue, Far Rockaway
- Raising Hope Day Care: 20-49 Seagirt Boulevard, Far Rockaway (www.raisinghopedaycare.com)
- Station RBNY Surf Shop:91-08 Rockaway Beach Boulevard, Rockaway Beach (www.stationrbny.com)
- Universal Frontiers, Inc.: 1002 Beach 20th Street, Far Rockaway (https://www.universalfrontiersinc.com)
In-Partnership: RDRC, LISC NYC, and New York Business Solutions are pleased to announce the Congratulations awarding of $70,000 in grants and technical assistance to minority-owned businesses located in the Rockaways.
The Rockaways, Small Business Recovery & Relief Program is funded by the Local Initiatives Support Corporation of New York City. The Small Business Recovery & Relief Program is designed to assist small, locally-based businesses impacted by COVID-19 with grants of $10,000 and ongoing technical assistance through our partnership with the NYC Department of Small Business Services Small Business Development Centers.
“We are very excited to bring these resources to our struggling businesses with the expectation that they will not only survive the pandemic but strengthen their business models so that they can thrive as our economy recovers over the next year.
We are also grateful to the confidence LISC demonstrated in RDRC as the local development corporation tasked with administering the program”, stated RDRC President & CEO Kevin W. Alexander.