RDRC EHelp Desk For Rockaway Business Impacted By COVID-19
QUEENS, N.Y. (May 18, 2020) – The Rockaway Development & Revitalization Corporation (RDRC) is pleased to announce the establishment of a help desk to assist local businesses impacted by COVID-19. Funded by the NYC Department of Small Business Services Neighborhood 360 grant, the help desk is to provide remote assistance services that include:
- Identifying Federal, State, City loan and grant opportunities focused on small businesses.
- Providing support services in applying for grant and loan opportunities.
- Electronically publishing and distributing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) from trusted sources to clarify grant and loan program spending and reporting requirements.
- Establishing a social media presence focused on connecting with existing and future consumers.
- Conducting/hosting webinars on topics focused on re-opening businesses, and how to utilize on-line ordering/delivery platforms such as Seamless, Grubhub, Doordash and Instacart.
- Promoting local businesses through our Rockaways Essential Business Guide and Rockaways Restaurants, We’re Open for Business electronic publications.
The EHELP Desk will operate remotely, Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. The EHELP Desk is available to businesses located in the Rockaways and surrounding southeast Queens region. Our EHELP DESK will be operated in conjunction with the York Small Business Development Center located in Jamaica, Queens.
“We are grateful for the support and confidence NYC Small Business Services Commissioner Gregg Bishop and the Neighborhood Development Team has placed in RDRC to assist our local businesses. We witnessed how businesses struggled to quickly respond to grant/loan opportunities such as the NYC Small Business Services COVID-19 Grant and Small Business Administration Payroll Protection Program. We were fizzled that we could not do more to assist, stated Kevin Alexander, CEO of RDRC”.
The EHELP Desk team can be reached via email at email@example.com. Please provide your name, business name and location, telephone number and the nature of the call. We will acknowledge receipt within 1 business day, if not sooner and then an EHELP Desk Advisor will contact you to address your needs on the spot or to schedule an appointment. Our services will be available in English and Spanish.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE