The Rockaway’s Encourages The 30-Day Shop Your City Challenge
Get Excited!!! Mayor de Blasio and Commissioner Doris launched “The Shop Your City Challenge”, a 30-day multi-channel marketing campaign encouraging New Yorkers to take a break from big-box retailers and shop at local small businesses, and features a contest and chance to win a $50 gift card to spend at neighborhood businesses.
Now that campaigned is launched, launched the campaign, we need your HELP:
Show your Rockaway local businesses some love, take the challenge! Take a photo of yourself supporting your local business in and selected winners will receive a $50 gift card!
Just 3 easy ways to enter:
1. Remember, to first, shop safely.
2. Purchase a gift card, on-line or in person.
3. Order delivery/curb-side pickup.
- Please distribute the materials that you have received (posters, stickers, and tote bags) to your small business members and/or to additional parts of your borough/community as you see fit. Small businesses should, in turn, share the materials with their customers.
If you have not received any materials, they are on their way! You can also reach out to us to check on the status.
- Please help us to amplify the campaign and the challenge over the next 30 days. In a separate email from SBS, you should have received a partner toolkit with social media and email language, as well as Shop Your City campaign graphics.
- Lastly, the Commissioner will be conducting a 5-Borough Business Tour over the next 30 days. Look out for more info about us visiting your borough/community.
For more detailed information, please feel free to email, email@example.com.
The CBO’s website is the primary source of news in the Downtown Far Rockaway neighborhood. It provides information on community happenings, business opportunities, invitations, and information on our programs and services. Join our weekly electronic newsletter for upcoming happenings and business resources; subscribers will also receive periodic invites to special RDRC events.